Anyone own an XU?

craigq

Still no update from the dealership. I called Zero Warranty Support 1-888 number on 17-JUN. They stated that they found the back ordered cable and would ship it to the dealership. Still waiting...

craigq

The Zero tech at the local dealership replaced the BMS yesterday, I collected the battery pack today and went for a short test ride. Things seem fine :D

scoot440

Craigq,

Glad to hear you are back on the road! Did your BMS give you any indication that it was going out, or did it just stop working?

craigq

Hi Scoot, the BMS gave no indication.

On another note, I had my first "glitch" experience (complete loss of power while operating, throttle has no effect whatsoever) so the bike is going to the local dealership for firmware updates and/or motor replacement as Zero Client Support thinks it is a problem with the motor encoder.

KrazyEd

I picked up a New 2012 this week. So far so good. I have put about 200 miles on it, mostly going for maximum range. I work 20 miles from home, and, have no problem driving my Volt round trip
without a charge, either on the freeway, or, city streets. Hopefully, I will be able to do round trip on the XU as well. The XU shows around 4 bars used taking city streets, and, one bar left,
if I take the freeway. Kill A Watt, shows around 1.2 KW used for trip to or from work on city streets, so, I should be able to make the round trip. The only time I got to the flashing bars was
on the first charge, and, it took 2.44 KW to fill after 5 miles of riding with the bars flashing. Hopefully, after "break in" and getting more accustomed to the bike, I will get a nice increase.
Initial goal is 50 miles on a charge. Off work the next couple days, so, I should be able to find out.

Last edited: